Saturday, November 3, 2007

Some bad days with some great things

Well, this has been a roller coaster of a week. On the bad side, I had a lot of trivial things go wrong that took up my little free time. I got a stomach virus with all the attractive events that go with that sort of thing, the nose pad on my glasses broke, my tub drain stopped up and I got a speeding ticket for going 38 in a 25 zone. Actually, the ticket was only a warning. My eyes teared up when the officer told me that. At that moment, it was just one thing too many. I was guilty, too, and was trying to figure out whether I'd be able to go to court for it. I usually drive like a slowpoke nerd so I don't have a lot of experience with speeding tickets. Work was also a challenge this week, which wasn't a surprise. I was trying to get everything pinned together before I left.

On the brighter side, I had a lot of good things happen. The folks in my department gave me a wonderful bagel breakfast by surprise yesterday, and I got a basket of my favorite candy bars (which I have had to hide from others.) Sue stopped by with some advance supplies for my recovery, too. And today, when I was really wigging out about trying to get the house cleaned and ready (as if I hadn't had months of warning about this) Jennie stopped by without warning and spent more than a few hours with me cleaning up the place. It looks so much better now and I feel equally better. Oh, and if you were wondering, I fixed the tub, had the glasses fixed and my digestion has settled down! I guess the impending reality of this is wearing a bit. As much as I'm not looking forward to it, I'll be glad when the show is on the road.

1 comment:

Homer said...

I was shocked today when I heard about your surgery, but I know that you'll be fine. You have a wonderful support group. This blog is just like you. It's there for you and for us, to help reassure us that everything is going to be O.K. And it will. You have many friends praying for you, just please don't lose your sense of humor. As a cancer survivor, I know what you're going through, but this experience will only make you stronger. Thinking and praying for you.