Friday, November 30, 2007

DONE !

The surgeon appointment today went well this morning. I am progressing at a good pace and have been given the OK to go back to work on Monday. I'm not sure how my energy will hold at first but I'll give it a shot. He said it will be a while until I'm completely recovered but that it would be good for me to get back into the mix.

For the coming year I'll have follow-up appointments every three months. The first and third will have x-rays and the send and fourth will have CT scans. He re-stated to me that the pathology results were encouraging and that there's no indication of spread. I can't hear that enough times

This is taking a while to sink in for me. I have been on this task since the middle of July; longer if you count in how sick I had been last January. Now it is slipping, somewhat abruptly, into the past. I just hope it stays there. It will take me a while to get back into the swing of real life but I'm ready to give it a shot.

9 comments:

Tina P said...

Uh-oh! Quick, guys ... take down the fake palm trees and deflate the beach balls! Hide the margarita glasses and get those parrots back to the zoo!

Jim's coming back!

Tina P said...

uh, that was supposed to say "Jim's coming back! Woo-hoo!"

Anonymous said...

What great news!! Just in time for the first SAS meeting of December. Now are you sure you want to return on Monday? It will be good to have you back.

Karen said...

Waaaahoooo!
It'll be great to have you back!!!
See you Monday. :-)
Karen

Honoré said...

I am so glad to read your great news! Take it easy when you go back to work on Mon and continue to get better. Love the comment from bikermice!
Cheers~
Honore

Durable Goods said...

Excellent... you'll be back to bring something tasty to the SAS Dessert Party on Monday. I'm sure you'll blow everyone else's store-bought nonsense away ;-)

See you Monday!

steve said...

Hey Jim,
Glad to hear the good news! Just take it day by day. Your progress sounds so similar to mine. It will work out perfectly well, even if it takes a year to get fully up to speed.

Steve Hargrove

Anonymous said...

Durable Goods,
I hope YOU are making something homemade for Monday's Dessert meeting for Jim to enjoy. It may be a nice way to welcome him back to work. Hope you weren't pressuring him to bake less than three weeks after his surgery! (Knowing him, he probably read your comment and is baking now)

JimD said...

Not a problem. I have a chocolate nut torte cooling on the counter now waiting to be glazed. It's the least I could do to show my appreciation for the food and hooch!