Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Post-op x-ray image

Today I had a moment so I took a picture of the post-op x-ray that I had taken yesterday. Of course, I don't have one of those x-ray light boxes so I hung the film in the window and backed it with some waxed paper. That seemed to work well enough. Here's a copy of the photo. I didn't realize it at first but you can click on it to get a larger version.


I don't have a before picture to compare it with but this picture obviously shows a lot of blank space where lung used to be. On one hand, I'm surprised to see that there's so much left. That's reassuring. Still, it was distressing yesterday afternoon when I finally took out the films and looked at them. A little piece of reality smacking me in the face. I wasn't quite ready for that.

On the positive side, I took a walk again this morning and that went well. My pace is picking up. That's a good development. It still hurts when I try to breathe really deeply. I'm looking forward to the day when that's no longer the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is one thing to be told what happened, another to see a picture of it. However, the picture does show a large area of clear black breathing room, and your progress in recovery is so good, I wouldn't be surprised if when you fully get over the surgery, you won't miss the little bit they had to take out.