Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Delicious things

I have received several wonderful food gifts lately - some home made and personally delivered, some shipped from far away. One came packed with dry ice which I'm looking forward to playing with. They're all very welcome. It's great not to have to plan out and prepare meals. Also, the things I have received are much nicer than anything I would make for myself. Much nicer. I'm hesitant to start to list anything here for fear that I would omit someone. I am very grateful for all of these things.

OK, I'll only mention one. The folks in my department at work sent me an edible arrangement. It was so pretty that I took a picture of it on the table in my back yard in front of the red maple tree. I'll include a photo of it below.


Thank you, everyone, for your kindness!

5 comments:

JimD said...

I messed up this post miserably! Someone posted a personal email address and full name here. I tried to fix that. I have a little weirdo-o-phobia about the internet so I was concerned about that personally identifying info. Unfortunately, I bungled it up badly. I deleted the whole mess and re-posted the original message. I'll re-add those comments after this one.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I am overjoyed, joyous, joyful with your wonderful news. Kudos to Tom for possibly the most succinct 5-word comment on your entire blog!

Anonymous said...

Eric- no I mean Jim- NO I MEAN ERIC! Karen told me about your surgery and your blog- so here I am!
I have been on this same road that you are on right now. 5 years ago I had surgery at the Weinberg Center and here I am to talk about it!
Sounds like you are getting great care and I really enjoyed reading your messages--
I hope you get this and write back!
If you need any pointers-- I can help! I have been there-really there!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled with your news! James has asked me each day if you had heard yet. It will be the first thing I tell him when I get home tonight. Are sweets on your agenda or do you want main courses? Let me know.
Robin

Anonymous said...

Jim, I'm glad for your good news. Ir's just like a cat NOT to play second fiddle. Cats have a mind of their own. Hoping you both are resting and recuperating. The pictures were beautiful. Your mind never stops trying to find the best in everything. Hope to see you Saturday and possibly have the small book club call tonight.Claire