Friday, November 9, 2007

Late night

Well, it's late into the night and I'm taking stock of the last few days. I don't think I reported that the chest tube had been taken out. That happened this afternoon. It was scarier than it was painful and I felt much better instantly. The epidural came out at the same time so now I'm on pain pills and not connected to anything. I'll probably go home Friday. Hard to believe it could be so soon.

So now here I am sitting in the hospital - stiff, sore, and slow moving with a very impressive incision on my back and minus two lobes of lung. This seems unreal. They say I should have plenty of lung left. I hope so. Now I just have to wait for the full biopsy results ro come in. No surprises are expected there but I'll feel better when I know for sure.

On the positive side, what an incredible experience this has been. Of course, I would have gladly skipped the whole thing but that wasn't one of the choices. Everyone here at the hospital has been very kind, capable and helpful. I came to the right place.

All right, off to sleep.

8 comments:

Marlene said...

You're coming home today? That's amazing.
You're body must be recovering well and that's good news.
I'm wearing out my Iona greenstone rubbing it to bring you positive energy and healing.

Anonymous said...

I've been totally out of the loop on all my former 'brary folks and I'm sorry to just be contacting you now. Glad to hear the tubes are out and you may be going home today. I'm thinking of you. Lots of hugs, but light ones that won't hurt.

Lynn Wheeler said...

Jim,

Looks like this wonderful talent for delight runs in the family! I love the "hospital guy" your family created.

Glad you're going home today.

Talk to you soon.

Love, Lynn

Durable Goods said...

It's great to hear that you'll be heading home so fast after your lobe-otomy! Looking fwd to seeing you soon.

Btw, how many stars would you give to On Chesil Beach? :-)

Anonymous said...

Please come home soon. These people are not my friends, I put up with them, but I miss you. They do not know the routine, and don't know where to scratch. I'll be so happy to see you again I'll probably sing for an hour.



posted for the cat by a lummox

Karen said...

Wow! Everything seems to be happening so fast now! It's wonderful news to hear that you could be heading home today. Samantha will certainly be glad to see you.

Before you know it we'll be seeing you at work again...

Karen

Anonymous said...

hey jim!

I just talked to my mom and heard you are coming home today. That is amazing. I am glad everything has gone well.
I am sending you an email with some pictures. check it out!

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Sue's and met you for the first time at the Halloween Party. I am sure you are glad to be home and away from the hospital routine. None of that stuff is pleasant and it is in your past now. I wish you a speedy recovery with good books to read, friends who visit, and trips to take.

Pat Richardson