Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pre-op physical

I went for my pre-op physical yesterday. That went well. I seem to be in good enough shape for this surgery. My doctor is a hoot. My weight is up three pounds from my last visit and I told him that I hoped to be able to get more exercise once this current episode is past. I said that there was a time when I had very low body fat. He just said, "Those days are gone and they're not coming back." I just burst out laughing. He was taking my blood pressure at the time and I got a better reading than I had gotten in a long time. I think the good belly laugh brought down the ol' BP.

I realized yesterday afternoon that I only have three workdays left before I go in. I have a lot to accomplish in those days so I'm really going to have to kick up. Sometimes it's hard to keep up the pace.

In other and more important news, Barry made his home evaluation yesterday from the rehab facility. He hadn't been back to his house in over a month. The visit and evaluation went well. He was so happy when I spoke to him last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim: We all look forward to seeing you back on your feet after your procedure this week. I can't tell you how much your friendship and support has meant to me over the years, but especially now.

Barry