Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun-filled activities

This morning was very nice. All the windows were open and it was raining steadily as the sun came up. I almost never get to lie in bed and listen to the rain.

I've been sitting around healing. That probably uses up energy but it doesn't seem so. My options seem to fall into certain categories.

Things I want to do but shouldn't:
  • wash the car
  • climb the tree in the front yard
  • call, text, IM or email friends who are supposed to be working
  • sweep the front walk
  • work in the garden

Things I have learned to avoid:
  • leaving the loud, startling alarm clock too far from the bed
  • trying to jump out of the chair to get the phone
  • tripping over things

Things I should be doing but don't want to do:
  • organize photographs
  • pay bills and file papers
  • read books that are good for me
  • read work email and do work projects

Things that are left:
  • do online crosswords and sudokus
  • watch brainless TV
  • sleep
  • wake up and watch the cat sleep

Actually, I did sort though a mess of folders full of electronic music files today. That was tedious but I'm glad it's done. I know that the goal of this whole recuperation period is to make sure that I don't pop a stitch so my innards will stay in. I'm hoping to have something else to show for the time, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's quite an ambitious list of things to do. I hope you get through half of them. I'd consider that a success.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you can expand your horizons by going to www.scrabulous.com !
This advice from one of those friends who is supposed to be working. That rain on Sunday night was FABULOUS-- especially because it hadn't been in the forecast (so I had watered all day Saturday). But it sounded so wonderful! Your friend Susan.