Sunday, July 6, 2008

Eight months ago

Wow, it's hard to believe that it was eight months ago that I was in the hospital. It seems so long ago now. Today I spent some time getting ready for my next episode. This hernia thing seems so small by comparision that I have had a hard time gearing up for it. This weekend I finally kicked in and got some things done. As Jack Flanders says in the thrilling radio serial, The Fourth Tower of Inverness, I was overreacting at freak out level. It helped though. I'm more prepared now that I had been before. Still lots to do but I'll get it all done - as far as home is concerned. I still have a lot of outstanding things going on at work. I'll be scrambling over the next two days to get them ironed out so that I'll be able to take it easy at least on those first few days.

At my pre-op physical I had to pick up an insurance referral form so that I could set up my next follow-up appointment with the lung surgeon. The hernia surgery will be performed by a different surgeon. Never did I think that I'd be able to use phrases like, "one of my surgeons" or "my other surgeon." That's a little odd.

No comments: