Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Indigo bunting

This morning I had a lot to do so I took a walk instead. I'm supposed to be doing that so it wasn't really goofing off. At one point I saw a bird that was a deep, brilliant blue. I think it must have been an indigo bunting. I've heard of these but had never seen one. It was very beautiful.

When I got home I balanced the checkbook and paid bills before leaving for work. I'll be stepping quickly to get things done there. On my way home I'll stop by the food store for a few last-minute items and then I'll mow the lawn. We're supposed to get rain but with luck it will hold off until after that. I'll putter about the house for the rest of the evening. It's good to have way too many small jobs to do this evening. That'll keep me busy.

Barry goes home today. It's hard to believe that it has been six weeks. He has been on my mind a lot today. I hope all goes well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim, I think the Indigo Bunting is a good omen. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I'm sure that everything will go well with your surgery. If you have any requests for dinner menu items, please send them my way. I will be cooking up some meals for you in the next few days. Talk to you soon.
Cindy