Sunday, July 6, 2008

Goodbye to Yuri

It looks like the heat was too much for Yuri. He had been hanging on for some time although his head was getting steadily smaller. Yesterday I saw that his head was completely deflated. His neck is tied tightly so it doesn’t look like there’s any way to rejuvenate him. It’s goofy but I’m going to miss Yuri. He was an entertaining and constant companion.


He doesn’t look good now so I suppose I’ll have to let him go. I think I held onto some of those purple gloves, though, so I may try to resurrect him. We’ll see. In the meantime, I’ll be remembering him as he was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Yuri has relatives. ;)

Durable Goods said...

Yuri's passing(?) shows that he(?) is allowing you to move on from the lung surgery and onto the next phase of medical treatment! :-)

Sue said...

Alas, poor Yuri, I knew him well.

Durable Goods said...

I was just thinking, yuri is also the Japanese word for girls' love (lesbian) manga. That puts a whole new spin on that balloon...