Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday morning

There was a beautiful sunrise yesterday and again today. This morning I thought I'd take a walk down to the river. Not long into the trip I could feel a lot of tugging at my various incisions so I decided to give it up for today. It might have been nothing but I didn't want to do any damage. It seemed better to wait a bit longer for this. that'll make for another quiet day at home.

Mary Jo stopped by yesterday afternoon. That was fun. She brought some exceptionally good cherries. She also bought a cool LED light up thing that I had mentioned to her. I spent some time this morning playing with that. If we were sick when we were kids my mother would sometimes let us pick out a toy at the drug store while we waited for a prescription to be filled. It was fun to get a sick toy again yesterday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there-- it's anonymous! So glad to read your posts. For some reason I didn't have the link to the blog on the computer at work. So glad you were able to get your socks off. And naughty kitty-- poor thing had no idea. One of my naughty kitties christened one of my brand new (less than 24 hours) dining room chair seats yesterday while I was off at work making some money to support them. Grey fur was part of the evidence (just thought I would share that) so I know which cat it was. Well, that's why there's extra fabric...
Take good care! L,sw

Anonymous said...

How far is it to the river from your house?

Sue said...

Dear Jim, I just actually realized from the hotlines that you had more sugery. So sorry. Having a hernia is a real pain. I had 2 in a row after an operation in 2000. I thought I would never heal!
You manage to make me smile even when you don't feel so good. I too remember getting to pick something out at the drug store when I was little, after seeing the doctor. My mother would be waiting for the prescription and I would always pick a new coloring book. If I was really lucky I would even get new crayons:)
Take it easy and feel better!
Sue (& Pooh)