Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An unexpected development

Well, I was hopping about at work trying to get some important things done when all of a sudden the lights flickered and the building went dark. We should be without power through the end of the work day. If all had gone as expected I would have left here today without too many looming deadlines. Too bad about that. As I heard someone say one time, if you want to prove that God has a sense of humor just tell Him you have plans.

I'll devote some time to neatening my desk and office. Opportunities to do that don't present themselves very often.

Update as of 2:15. Grrr. The power just came back on. I had just come to terms with the fact that I'd have to let some things go undone. Now I'm going to have to gear back up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah. the unexpected power outage. That has derailed me when I had a deadline to meet (not that I procrastinate or anything). How frustrating for you! But better an outage today than in the operating room tomorrow, it is a reminder that God is in control. You are in His hands and my prayers.