Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saturday night into Sunday

Sue came by this morning and brought a pretty miniature rose and an array of food and treats - some to eat now and some to keep in the bank for later. She also brought some DVDs and we sat and watched one about Zion National Park. We had a good time.

Last night was a long boring night. I’m trying to fill today with more activities and fewer naps. I've been able to cut out most of the heavy-duty pain pills. That should help. Last night I was puttering around the house in the middle of the night and noticed this little image in the water marks on a cabinet in the living room. It captured my mood at the moment.


Here’s something on the lighter side. Last year I was staying in Washington for the American Library Association conference. In the parking lot next to the hotel they had decorated some of the concrete-lined drainage channels with colored glass. The colors were shades of blue and green with little bits of amber. A lot of the glass had come loose and washed down to a low spot. I collected some of the glass pieces each time I walked by. Today (over a year later) I sorted through them to remove all the pieces of gravel and other extraneous items and then rinsed the glass pieces in soapy water to clean them up. I don’t really have a brainy idea for what to do with them but they look good in a white dish in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That glass is beautiful. What a cool idea.

Durable Goods said...

Hey Jim -- Looks like you're all set and recovering nicely! Books, DVDs, orchids, cat for company, glass shards, what more could anyone need?

Now, just work on making some new watermarks on furniture and turn that frownie-face upside-down! :-)