Saturday, June 28, 2008

Gearing up

Today I am trying to get things ready that I won't be able to do while I'm out of commission. I'm way behind on pruning and trimming so I did some of that and I also decided to clean the gutters. That was an adventure. The roof was really hot in the middle of the day so I waited a few hours for the shade from the trees to hit most of it. The gutters were jammed with pine needles and other debris. I hadn't cleaned them out since last fall . That all went very well until right at the end when I stirred up a nest of wasps. They only got me once. A few years ago I had an allergic reaction to a hornet sting so I spent a little time after the wasp episode sitting there with my Benadryl, long-expired epinephrine syringe, and a phone to call 911. Nothing happened but it was an exciting moment. I'll spent some time today cleaning up part of the yard, hoisting the giant cat litter buckets upstairs next to the litterbox, and doing other similarly exciting things.

No comments: