Thursday, June 5, 2008

Event prep

I'm getting ready for a nephew graduation weekend extravaganza featuring visiting relatives, the graduation itself, an afternoon cookout celebration and an assortment of other activities. I've been getting the house ready so that my sister can stay with me. By "getting the house ready" I really mean just dusting, vacuuming, and neatening the place up enough that you don't have to kick your way through stuff to get across the living room floor. I'm trying to keep up at work at the same time. We have a lot going on there.

In my mind all the time is my friend Barry. I hate that he has to go through all these things. I speak to him regularly on the phone and it's wonderful to hear his voice. Next week I get to go down to Florida to see him. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: