Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A graduation weekend

I have been away from work for a few days for my nephew's graduation. It was an occasion for a lot of family to visit. There were a lot of events and gatherings and it was great to see everyone.
A great time. Too bad it happened on the first 100 degree weekend of the year, though! The graduation was Saturday night with a cookout/party on Sunday. I'm including two photos. One is of the clouds I saw on the way into the graduation. We rarely get that sort of dramatic sky. The other is of my nephew Joe and his father (my brother, John) at the party. The photo was taken in John and Jennie's barn. They're holding a memory quilt that Jennie's sister Julie made for Joe from his old t-shirts, sports uniforms, etc. She does a wonderful job with those.

\

No comments: