Sunday, June 22, 2008

A low key day

This was one of those days that passes quietly and without peaks or valleys. Another one that is summed up by the poem Weariness by Sara Teasdale. I rolled that out back in November so I won't restate it now. I started by trying to go geocaching but the place that I selected seems to have been a hub for exuberant mountain bikers on Sunday mornings. I decided to try another location but my GPS device wigged out at that moment and wouldn't recover. I took that to be a sign and just headed home. For the rest of hte day I puttered in the house and watched movies. I had been sitting on "Into the Wild" which was good but maybe not the best choice for a low-energy day. I have had a busy run lately and have been scrambling to keep up. That pace isn't likely to change in the near future so I'm grateful for the hours this afternoon when I could extract myself from the mix. I need to be ready to sparkle and put on the show again tomorrow morning.

No comments: