Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Jim's tubby tote board

OK, I said that I'd take on some challenges proactively this year so here's my first step. I realize that one of the easiest ways to deal with my reduced lung capacity (and it's not all that bad, really) is to get more exercise and lose weight. I'm motivated, of course, but often I let this sort of thing slip. To keep me on task, I've decided to post my weight weekly on the blog. It's on the right side in a little block entitled "Jim's Tubby Tote Board". I've put it at the bottom of that right sidebar, though. I don't want it to be too prominent. We'll see if this moves me along at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a brave man to post your weight publicly. I remember Mark, Tracy, you and me having lunch at the Phoenix in Ellicott City once MANY years ago. I revealed I had FINALLY gotten below a goal of 200 lbs (once again a goal, however unrealistic and even more unattainable it may be at this time in my life). Mark looked at me sympathetically as he could relate to that. Tracy and you did not have the same immediate reaction - it was too far outside your frame of reference. :) I wish you the best in this. I'm sure you'll attack it with the same tenacity you do other projects.

Barry