Saturday, January 19, 2008

Learning from disappointment

I was up for a very big promotion at work and found out this week that I didn't make it to the second round of the selection process. I'm surprised that this has sent me into such a spin of disappointment. It took me until today to get to the point where I could write something reasonable about it. I hadn’t expected this to be such a big deal when compared to all that went on in the year just past.

I had planned to spend this weekend just thinking about things in general – about life, priorities, and how I spend my time and energy. If this is the way it was going to go with the job, then this was a good time for it to have happened. I will be working to make more conscious decisions about where I’m placing my time and effort – giving more energy to the things that are important and less energy to things that are less valued by me or less valuable to others.

No comments: