Monday, January 21, 2008

Food, glorious food!

OK, I've been on this system cleanse since last Tuesday. My brother John and I were doing it. Today I called him to say that I was over it and wanted to stop. I am sick to the teeth of lemonade. It turns out he had a party to go to on Saturday and had stopped two days ago. It pays to talk to your family regularly.

So, I'm done with the lemonade-only diet. Six days was enough. Actually, I think it was too long. Yesterday I was doing well and could have stopped without being crazed by hunger. Today it's hard for me not to eat everything in the whole house. I have celebrated by eating a few unhealthy things and now I have some vegetable soup on the stove. I hope that once this off-the-wagon craze ends I'll be eating more reasonably. I did lose five pounds this week. Not bad.

In other news, I go back to the pulmonologist tomorrow. He'll test my lung capacity and see how I'm doing. It'll be interesting to see how these test results compare to the ones I had before surgery.

No comments: