Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Records roundup

No more news.

Yesterday and today I talked to assorted people trying to get the records that are needed sent to the people who need them in the format that is required. Hopkins needs my medical reports plus my CT scan results. The reports were faxed once but didn't seem to make it. They're being sent again today, I hope. I'll pick up the films tomorrow afternoon and will deliver them to Hopkins on Friday morning. The films will be on CD - I hope - but Seton Imaging couldn't verify for me whether or not they'd be in DICOM format. That would be compatible with the system that Hopkins uses in their operating rooms. So far all the appointments, discussions, tests and reports might not have been good news but they all went well. This is the first red-tape style roadblock I've hit. I guess that's better luck than average.

1 comment:

Beth said...

It is quite common for us humans to want to point the finger at something that takes us down a path we had no intentions of following. Yes, it would have been easier to say "Well, what should I expect - I smoked like a chimney for 10 years." but alas you can not.

My beloved Aunt who did smoke like a chimney for a lot more than 10 years did get lung cancer but the ironic thing is it is the type that NON-SMOKERS can get. Go figure!

Take care of yourself. Let others help you do that too. Your attitude is going to be what gets you through this. And I know that your sense of humor and outlook on life will take you out of this path and onto the one you rightfully belong on.

This may sound odd but enjoy the path while you are on it. You may learn something while you are there - about yourself, about medicine, about others, about life.

It is hard to do but making the best of a bad situation is the way to go. My best to you on this journey that you did not expect and I have all faith that your great humor and attitude (plus your very support system) will take you along this path with grace, style and wisdom.

My thoughts are with you.