Friday, September 7, 2007

Document Delivery

I picked up the films yesterday and dropped them off down at Hopkins today. They told me that I should hear something from them Monday or Tuesday. Another Friday arrives and I can go into the weekend knowing that I've made some progress. That's a very good feeling.

On several occasions I've been in places where people have been picking up, carrying or delivering their radiology films. I've sometimes accompanied people who were doing that. It has always struck me to see them forging along to someone that might help them. They seem brave, resolute. They bring out a feeling that's both hopeful and forlorn. Now I'm in the club, too, and from this side it feels pretty much the same way.

On a brighter note. Seton Imaging was able to put my CT scan images on a CD. Of course, I made myself a copy. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a way to post some sort of "3-D trip through Jim's torso" animated image. That would be an interesting challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Films require personal attention, as I had to accompany mine to the doctor, too. At least that way, you know they got where they're supposed to go. It is important to do this, since it's something you can actively do to affect a positive outcome. I'd leave my username, but in all the 28 pages of usernames and passwords that I've written doen, I can't find the Google one right now.

Scott Reinhart said...

You rock! Although, I am not envious of your situation, but appreciate your humor through it all. Glad to read the blog of the travail.

Scott