Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy birthday to me


OK, it's official. Midnight has arrived and I am now 50 years old. I'm including a picture that Sharyn sent to me today. Cool, huh?

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip to Colorado. It's a work trip but I've added some days in advance to visit my sister and brother-in-law who live outside Denver. My two brothers and sister-in-law are coming along to make a birthday celebration out of it. I'm looking forward to it a lot. It will surprise nobody that I'm up late packing, catching up on email, etc. I just finished laundry and should be done with the whole packing chore in another hour or so. There was a birthday surprise gathering for me today at work, too. This has been a great stretch of days! OK, off to polish shoes, fold clothes, check the pack list, write up cat care instructions, blah blah blah. Can't wait until I'm on that plane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bluffing,
It's the gullible girl again. Just wanted to wish you a very happy 50th birthday! Sounds like your family celebration in Colorado will be just wonderful! And if the Sue's brand (Giant brand) girl is reading this tell her that the Enchanted Forest video is not the one to post but the 1st Holy Communion is, the one where I'm "mining" my nose! Don't you just love adults who remember how ridiculous we looked as a child. Seriously Jim, you are in thoughts our prayers and I'm glad you have a surgery date and plan. As I said before Johns Hopkins in the best. I loved your "hill" poetry selections but I prefer to think of it as my husband says as "bumps in the road". Take care and hugs and kisses for a wonderful birthday!
Gullible girl