Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday dinner

Mary Lou, Cindy and Sue took me out to dinner last night for my impending 50th birthday. I had a wonderful time - and raked in some good gifts, too. Among other things, they gave me a portable DVD player which was a very welcome present. I'm sure I'll be able to use it. I have already played with it, of course, and it's really cool. Yesterday had been a challenging day at work so this came at a great time. I'm very grateful to them. I'm looking forward to playing with all my new stuff as well!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Jim, I had lots of fun at your birthday dinner too. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your gifts. We figured that the DVD player would be good for some techno-fun and who can resist that? Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bluffingwildly,
Laughter is excellent medicine, and we all had a good dose at your birthday party! May you enjoy many more birthday celebrations over the next few weeks with friends and family. (Hope you get a video I-pod to go with the docking station on your new DVD player, you know you want one). Let's party again soon, only next time let's try a new venue, one that is not so creepy!

Safe journey to Colorado, wish I could go with you. I have fond memories of our last hiking trip there....we were lucky to have made it off that mountain, what with your concussion and camping in the floodplain during a violent thunderstorm. Ah, good times! Let's do it again when you have recovered.
Love you, kiddo.