Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday morning - a wood thrush

I have had a very busy run of it lately with lots of competing deadlines. I managed to jump through a lot of hoops and wrap up several of them last week. I have always gotten myself into situations like that and am going to work not to have that happen again. I have said that a lot in the past but last year's event brought this into high focus. I don't want to get into situations where I'm wishing parts of my life to be over with. This came back into my mind Saturrday morning when I as I was just waking up. I heard the song of a wood thrush and it reminded me that I hadn't taken time to savor the beauty of the days as I should. Wood thrushes are birds of the forest and aren't often heard in the suburbs where I live. I hear them often when I am out hiking or in my kayak but this was only the second time that I have heard one in my neighborhood. They have the clearest, most flute-like song. I have a sound file of a wood thrush song and added photos from a kayaking afternoon to make this movie.

No comments: