Wednesday, May 21, 2008

About prayer

I have been praying lately for people I know who are facing serious health challenges. I do this a lot but rarely as intensely as today. It seems foolish in a way to do this. I doubt that God is sitting around waiting for me to make suggestions for how He should proceed with things. At the same time it's impossible for me not to do it. Maybe the plan is for me to pray, to meditate, to come to a deeper understanding. I can't help but think that if we all show that we're trying very hard to learn the lesson set before us, then just maybe this test will pass us by.

1 comment:

wine knot said...

I knew when I saw you the other day that something was bothering you. It's hard when someone you care about is facing difficulties. But prayer is never foolish. It's hard to accept that we pray for something and it doesn't seem to happen the way we think it should. He's listening!