Sunday, May 4, 2008

A busy weekend and an unexpected designation

I had a busy weekend. I spent most of Saturday out at my brother's house helping to put up a new fence and put finishing touches on the refurbished chicken house. The new chickens arrived mid-day and seemed to like the new digs. "The girls", as they call them, moved right in. On Sunday we went to the Sheep and Wool festival to watch the sheep shearing demonstrations. We shear their sheep (That's sheep in the singular. They only have the one.) every year and it's traumatic for all concerned. I learned a lot but there's no way I'll ever be able to do it as confidently as the pros do. One sheep a year isn't a lot of practice. It's an adventure, though.

Also this weekend I got a letter from one of the hospitals I have been to, inviting me to their cancer survivors celebration. That was a surprise. It seems very strange to be included in that category.

Here's a phone picture of one of the girls. The eggs should start rolling in any day now.

No comments: