Friday, February 15, 2008

Out in the desert

I spent some time yesterday out in the desert. I took my GPS with me and found four of the five geocaches I was looking for. It was a great time. I did have some trouble with the hiking but managed to do OK. This was the first time I had actually rambled off the trails here. It was fascinating. Lots of exposed loose rocks and all the plants have points on them. It was also very windy yesterday and the dust was flying everywhere.When I got back to the car I was dirty, bleeding in a few minor places, and had cactus spines sticking out of my legs. It was great.

On the way back, the sunset was beautiful and the light on the mountains was dramatic. There was a lot of rush hour traffic and I wondered if the people in the other cars were noticing what was going on around them. I wonder if you get used to this sort of thing if you see it every day. Probably so.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

The photos are great. Glad the trip is going well.
All sorts of circ manager changes at BCPL!
I'd love to go geocaching with you sometime.

Have fun.

Marlene