Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not taking breathing for granted

Today I went for a hike through the park nearby to get some exercise and to find a few more geocaches. The geocaching part went well. The hiking was a little more challenging. It was cold and that seemed to make it harder to breathe. I had to stop a few times on the way up hills to catch my breath. A couple of times that was difficult to do. When I got home I just sat for a while and spent some time appreciating the fact that I was breathing easily again.

This brought home again a desire to focus on what is truly important. It's easy to let some things take on a great importance when more important things aren't considered as carefully. I've seen lately some of the trouble that that can cause. It can become an infectious attitude and I will be working not to let it get the better of me.

On the nicely flat ending part of the hike today, I took a picture with my phone. Not the best focus but the reflections on the still river water were beautiful.

No comments: