Tuesday, September 9, 2008

An interesting piece of information

I read news item online this morning about a study that shows that intellectual activities can cause you to eat more. It was lead by Jean-Philippe Chaput at Laval University in Quebec City, Canada. According to the study, people who were involved in more intense mental activity ate 29.4 percent more calories. This was very liberating for me to read. Now I can attribute any weight problem I might have to my overactive brain rather than my underactive body. This is good news. Of course, the article does go on to say that people who eat less have greater mental acuity and, of course, are thinner. I might think about that over a bag of chips.

I don't know how long the article will be availalbe online but I read it here: http://www.livescience.com/health/080904-brain-food.html

No comments: