Monday, September 8, 2008

An interesting day

Yesterday my brother John and I drove to visit our aunt Dolores who has been sick and is in a rehab facility in Portage, PA. The visit went well. We took a Baltimore crabcake sandwich and that was a big hit. All in all, just visiting seems to mean so much. I learned a lot about that last year.

For the trip back we decided to take the scenic way along old Route 30 through to Gettysburg and then home. On our way we stopped by the Buchanan's Birthplace monument. It's tucked back in a little park in Pennsylvania. Here's a picture of John and me in front of it.


Just before Gettysburg we came across a great place that sold all sorts of concrete lawn ornaments. it seemed like a good idea to stop. They also sold some pottery items and John ended up with a couple of those. I left with a really cool concrete gargoyle. I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it but I couldn't pass it up. It will look great peeking out from under a bush. I'll have to feature it somehow for Hallowe'en first. Here's a photo in its current location. I had to put it on a tarp and drag it up the hill into the back yard.

No comments: