Monday, September 8, 2008

CT scan done

This morning I had the CT scan for Wednesday's follow-up appointments. Aside from a little insurance authorization issue that all seems to have gone well. I did feel the effects of the iodine contrast injection much more this time than last time. I didn't have any bad reactions, though.

Here's a little video of the CT scan. This time I only got top-down images rather than front to back ones. It's not expected to show anything surprising but it could be full of unusual things for all I can tell. It looks like there are two separate runs with different levels of contrast. Here's some infomation I just learned - while the scan goes from top down, the view is the one you would see if you were looking up from my feet. That means that right side where lung was removed is shown on the left.

There is no sound on the video. I was half tempted to add some sort of revolting squishy noises but that seemed to be a little too much. They don't anticipate that I'll get any scary news from this scan but I don't want to press my luck by being too flippant. It could be superstition but it seems to me that medical surprises usually come just as you've begun to let your guard down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped at the 15 second mark on the video and I swear it looks like Yuri sticking his tongue out (if he had one). Hope all the news is good, I'm thinking that the heron is a good omen.