Saturday, December 8, 2007

First week back at work

This week took me by surprise. I don't know if it was the leaf and pine needle raking on Saturday or just the general increased level of activity but this one was a challenge. My side ached almost all the time, sometimes quite a lot. I hadn't expected that. I had not believed that sitting at a desk could be tiring but it was.

I did finally get the furnace fixed. That's a relief. And I managed to shovel the snow off the front steps on Wednesday. That's also a good sign. I'm just a little disappointed that it still aches so much at this point. I realize that I had unrealistic expectations but it hasn't been fun.

I realize, at this late date, how much a difference it makes in my mood when I'm tired. It's easy to be cheerful when you have plenty of energy. It's more of a challenge when you're worn down. This is something that a lot of people probably already knew but it was news to me.

I took it easy today and I can see that it really helped. I baked cookies, did a little laundry, and took a nap under my heated electric throw that Sue gave me. I really enjoyed the nap. And so did Sam the cat, as you can see.

Here's a photo. It's the best could get with my phone camera. Click on it for a larger (but not a higher quality) version.

No comments: