Friday, October 5, 2007

"Why me?", fatigue, and a great birthday surprise

Yesterday morning really for the first time I had a big attack of wondering why this happened to me. It didn't last long but it took me by surprise. I had been very busy for the last few weeks and I think it was the fatigue talking. It doesn't take long to realize how pointless thinking like this can be. It did happen and it's not going to go away by itself (although I've daydreamed about that.) The only thing I can do is take it on and do the best job I can. The woe-is-me attitude dissolves away pretty quickly when I'm reminded of how much worse it could be and how lucky I am to have such legions of supportive people around me. This came in loud and clear last night. One of my book groups got together and had a birthday event for me along with our meeting. This year has been the birthday party that never ends. They had wonderful food, a cool giant chocolate chip cookie (home made) with candles and they gave me a snappy gift card and catalog for the Sharper Image. I'm going to have fun with that. So, after a bit of a dip I'm back on track. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Jim
You are entitled to a little "why me" now and again, as long as it doesn't take away that positive attitude that you have! This is all sounds like good news from the surgeon. It sounds like you won't be too compromised in day to day life. We keep praying for you. Keep the faith and stay strong. If you need anything just let us know!
Michele, Joe, Kathleen & Ryan