Thursday, May 28, 2009

Foggy morning

This is a foggy morning. Fog creates such a serene feeling. That's a good way to start the day. When I walked down to the river I saw that the people who build the little stone towers in the water have been at it again. (see Surprising art - with a surprise from last June.) I had also seen them further downstream on Monday morning. When I spotted them that first time they made quite an impression. They seemed like such an unexpected, spontaneous burst of creativity. They seem a little overdone now. Sometimes a little bit of something really is better.

I heard wood thrushes again today, too. Wood thrush songs always seem to echo in the air. I don't know if it's the quality of their voices that create this impression or if they tend to locate themselves in places that echo. The foggy morning, the smell of the honeysuckle and the bird songs made a memorable start to the day.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Cherrie, Claire and I walked the River Road path yesterday and saw some of the stone sculptures.
It was a beautiful morning for a walk then breakfast at the Old Mill. We said that we should have called you to join us. Next time!