Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Looking back with gratitude and wonder

Early this morning I took a walk down to the river. I thought a lot about what was on my mind during those early morning walks at the end of last year before I went into the hospital. I realized that in these few months I had allowed myself to lose touch with the thoughts and feelings from that time that had brought me such comfort. I tried today to hold those things foremost in my mind. It helped a lot.

Coincidentally, today I recieved good news from two of my friends. In recent months the only good news I had recieved about myself or anyone else was just the lack of bad news. It was great to hear some plain ol' happy news.

Tonight I read through all the posts I've made to this blog since I started it last year. It brought back to me all the gratitude, wonder, and love that were so evident and immediate to me then. When all this began, I determined not to let that awareness slip away from me. It's easy to let that happen. I'm glad that I have these notes. It all came back.

No comments: