Friday, March 7, 2008

X-rays ready to go

Well, today was x-ray day. It took longer than I expected. There were a lot of people in there today. All went well and I have my envelope of films ready for next Friday. I haven't compared them to the November films yet. That should be interesting. Just because I don't know anything about reading x-rays doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

I don't like the x-ray place. It's supremely depressing. All those people with serious problems. I had a big problem, I know, but I feel like an impostor compared to all the people who are facing things that are much worse. I sat next to a woman today while waiting for my films. She was on oxygen, her husband had died five years ago, and now she has breast cancer. She was getting ready for an appointment with her surgeon and it turned out one of her other doctors hadn't returned her x-rays to the film library. Someone was waiting in the car for her to pick them up. She seemed so alone. We talked for quite a while.

When I got home I decided to watch "La Vie en Rose" - the film about the life of Edith Piaf. It was brilliant. Although if I wasn't depressed before that I surely am now. I'm going out with friends tonight and am looking forward to it a lot. I feel very fortunate.

1 comment:

bettyC said...

I know what you mean Jim. No matter what your situation is, it's not as bad as the next guy. Bruce and I go to JH often and we realize we're doing ok. I've enjoyed reading your blog, very healing. Thank you, betty c