Monday, January 19, 2009

Off to the inauguration

It's hard to believe but I'm going to the inauguration tomorrow. Mary Jo, my friend since high school, has worked with the Democratic National Committee ever since I can remember and was able to get tickets. We'll also be going to the mid-atlantic inaugural ball tomorrow evening. I've got my glad-rags ready to go for that. We'll be leaving this afternoon to stay with a friend of Mary Jo's who is within (long) walking distance from the events. Mary Jo will be located in the seated area closer to the Capitol. I'll be in the standing area on the mall beyond the reflecting pool. I'm VERY glad for this opportunity. If I can pull it off, I'll post photos on Flickr and Facebook when I get back but it's easy to email them in to this blog so if I get any good photos I'll post them here first.

Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Post photo's asap. Be sure to have one of you in your tux.
Have fun.

Marlene