Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Five years today

It was five years ago today that I had the surgery to remove the tumor from my lung.  I won't get the official all-clear from the doctor until early December but I'm not expecting any surprises.  It has been a day of quiet celebration for me. I did send a message to my family today to thank them for all the support they gave me. I have tried not to talk about it aside from that.  It's enough that this day is important to me.  I don't need for it to be an event for anyone else.  But.....

Just as I wrote that last sentence I got a delivery of flowers from my sister and brother-in-law. Beautiful roses, carnations, stocks and chrysanthemums.  A mix of colors and scents.  I said that this day doesn't need to be an event for anyone but me.  Still, it's wonderful to know that it is important to others, too.



No comments: