Friday, November 6, 2009

Two years today

It was two years ago today that I went in for surgery on the tumor in my lung. What a lot is different since then. And what a lot is the same. I haven't improved myself nearly as much as I had vowed to do. Personal change is harder than I realized.

This week I have been trying to help a dear friend who lost her brother to a sudden illness. It's difficult to do much of real substance but I tried to offer help where I could. The way her family rallied round him reminded me of the way my family and friends were with me when I was sick. I will be working to spend the day with a feeling of gratitude for all that has been given to me. I have been doing that more consistently lately but not as much as I would like. Landmarks such as this week has brought remind me how important it is to maintain that awareness. It lets me make the best of the time I have here.

No comments: